I tasted this Dosa first time in Bangalore when I went to my Mom's house. My brother's wife made this dosa and it was just fantastic. When I asked the recipe, she gave a very simple recipe. I tried that and came out well and everybody liked it...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 3
Recipe for Sponge Dosa:
- Raw rice, Poha (Aval) and Urad dal in the ratio 1 cup: 1/2 cup : 1/4 cup respectively.
- Fenugreek 1 tea spoon
- Except Poha soak all other items together for 3 hours after rinsing well.
- After 3 hours, wash Poha and drain the water.
- Add rest of the soaked items with Poha and grind to smooth batter in a mixer grinder adding water.
- Add needed salt. Let the batter ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grease the Dosa Tawa with oil. Spread the batter on it and pour a tea spoon of oil around it.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for a minute in medium flame.
- Now take out the dosa from the tawa.
- Like regular dosa, it need not be cooked on both sides.
- Remember to keep the flame in medium.
- The cooked part will be golden crispy and the other side fill be spongy white.