Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai is an easy, delicious and yummy evening snack. The aroma of jagerry, cardamom powder and ghee give a wonderful feel. Since it is steamed and very less fat is used, can be had by any age group people.
Cooking time:25 mins
Ingredients for making Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai:
- Rice raw 1 cup
- Powdered Jagerry 3/4 cup
- Fresh grated coconut 2 table spoons
- Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Ghee 2 teaspoons
- Water 2 and 1/2 cups
Method for making Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai:
- Powder the raw rice in the mixie coarsely like sooji/ semolina/rawa. Sieve the powder and keep the rawa aside.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai boil 2 1/2 cups of water. Add the powdered jaggery. Once it dissolves filter it to remove the dust. Boil it again in the kadai.
- When the jagerry water boils well, add the rice rawa gently and stir. Add grated coconut, ghee and cardamom powder. Keep stirring till the consistency becomes like dosa batter.
- Now keep the flame to minimum and close the pan with a lid. Let it to cook for 10 more minutes and switch off the stove.
- Now transfer the stuff to a bowl and allow it to cool. Grease the idli plates with ghee and make round small balls and steam them out.
- When the balls become glossy and start sweating, the Kozhukattai is ready to serve.