An easy, rich, scrumptious, tempting and delicious sweet for diwali. The paneer burfi melts in your mouth with its soft texture. I didn't use condensed milk for this recipe. I made the milk to condense itself by boiling it for a longer time and then made it to get yummy and delectable taste. Anybody can make this sweet since it involves very simple procedure and can be done quickly...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Yields: 12 to 15 pieces
Ingredients for making Paneer Burfi:
- Whole milk 750 ml
- Grated Paneer from 200 gms of Paneer ( 1 cup)
- Sugar 300 gms (2 cups that is 2 times of the quantity of grated paneer)
- Thinly sliced almonds and Pistachios from the Blanched ones
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Saffron strings 4
How to make Paneer Burfi?
- Soak the almonds and pistachios in hot water for 30 minutes, remove the skin and thinly slice them, keep aside.
- Keep a tray or plate ready by greasing it on all sides with ghee.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or a pressure cooker pan and boil the milk for at least 20 minutes or till it becomes thick to a milkshake consistency.
- Add the saffron strings, cardamom powder and nuts to it now.
- Add the sugar too.
- Stir them for 10 more minutes.
- Scrap the creamy layers forming at the edges and side of the pan with a ladle and add to the boiling stuff.
- Now keep the flame to low and add the grated paneer to the boiling milk.
- Keep stirring for 4 to 6 minutes till everything gets binding together and comes together like a dough without sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to the greased tray and level them with a spatula or a blunt and flat ladle. Allow them to cool down for 15 minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut them to burfis of the desired shape and size.
- Once they get cooled take them out from the tray and refrigerate.
- Can be kept maximum for a week and relish.
Simple tasty recipeReplyDelete
Thank u BeenaReplyDelete