Today's Smart Samayal Tips is: Soup Tips, Tricks and Secrets.They are easy to make and at the same time have diversified ways of preparation, Soup is one of the best way to consume more vegetables. A steaming soup is always enjoyable to have sip by sip.
- Sauted in butter, finely chopped onions and garlic add fantastic flavour and aroma to the Soup. Fry ingredients that need to be softened before simmering with stock (such as onions, garlic, spices) in enough butter until soft.
- One of the secrets to great stock is being generous with the aromatic vegetables – onion, carrots, garlic and celery. Be sure they are cooked long enough to be softened (and release their flavour) before moving on to the next step.
- Once soup has come to a boil, reduce to a simmer and make sure that it stays there. Boil things till vegetables get tender and mushy.
- Instead of adding cornflour with water, add with some Home milk and add to the soup for thickening. When the soup is made without stock, don’t dilute the soup too much with water.
- Grind and add soaked and peeled almonds with some cold milk to make Broccoli soup richer and creamy.
- Use a tea spoon of Vinegar or Lime juice for Non Creamy Soups to turn out dull soup in to a vibrant one.
- A dollop of cream at the serving stage makes the soup incredibly yummy. Toasted almonds, Chopped herbs , grated cheese or fried chopped garlic can also be sprinkled.