A quick, tasty, easy to make and perfect healthy recipe is this Oats, Cracked Wheat Rava Idli.The roasted oats and Cracked wheat gives a fine aroma to this tiffin. Try this wonderful diet recipe with tomato chutney or onion chutney and enjoy its health benefits....
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Oats, Cracked Wheat Rava Idli:
- Oats 3 cups
- Cracked Wheat 1 and 1/2 cups
- Grated carrot from 1 carrot
- Fresh curd 2 cups
- Eno fruit salt 1/2 tea spoon (or) Baking soda 1/4 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds and urad dal 1 tea spoon each
- Chopped green chilli 1
How to make Oats, Cracked Wheat Rava Idli ?
Heat a pan and dry roast the wheat rava till it gives out nice aroma in medium flame and transfer it to a bowl. Then in the same pan dry roast the oats for 1 minute in low flame without burning it and transfer it to the bowl that contains wheat rava.
Powder them coarsely together in the mixie jar.
Now heat a tea spoon of oil in a pan and saute it with mustard seeds and urad dal. After they splutter add the green chillies and grated carrot and give a stir. Transfer them to the bowl that has the oats and wheat rava powder.
Now add the curd, salt and required water and make the batter to the consistency of regular idli batter. Add the eno salt or baking soda in the last stage now and mix well.
Immediately grease the idli plates and pour the batter in them and make idlis.
- If you have time to set aside the batter for 30 to 45 minutes no need to add the eno salt or baking soda.
- With carrot you can also add grated cabbage of fresh green peas to gain the vitamins of the vegetables also withnthis tiffin.
Hi, Now you can buy best quality cracked wheat from www.mawsym.comReplyDelete