An amazing Dosa with very mild sweetness and unique flavour of Jowar / Cholam. When I made this Jowar dosa for the first time I was surprised to get such a crispy, golden dosa. The same batter can be used to get fluffy Jowar idlis too.I started making it often since Jowar is the power house of many vitamins, minerals and it gives half the daily required protein..
- Pre time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Chola Dosai / Jowar Dosa:
- White Cholam / Sorghum / Jowar 1 cup
- Par boiled rice / Idli rice / Puzhungal arisi 1 cup
- Urad dal / Black gram 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds / Venthayam 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making Dosa
How to make Chola Dosai / Jowar Dosa?
- Put all the three in a vessel, wash well, add the fenugreek seeds and soak in water for 4 hours.
- After four hours grind the soaked to stuff to smooth fine batter in a mixie or wet grinder.
- Add necessary salt and mix well.
- Allow to ferment for 6 hours.
- Then heat a dosa tawa and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and spread to thin dosa.
- Sprinkle some oil around and flip off to other side.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.