Rajma Chawal is the popular delicacy of Punjabi Cuisine. It is a healthy and tasty one that is very comfortable for Lunchbox also...
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves 4 people
Ingredients for making Rajma Chawal:
Rajma 200 gms (Overnight soaked and pressure cooked)
Basmathi Rice 2 cups
Water 4 cups
Onions and Tomatoes chopped from 2 of them each
Finely chopped garlic from 5 garlic heads
Green chillies chopped 1
Oil 3 tb spoons
Ghee 2 tb spoons
Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
Cloces and Cinnamon coarsely powdered 1 tea spoon
Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoon
Fresh methi leaves or mint leaves or coriander leaves 1 cup washed and chopped
How to make Rajma Chawal?
- Wash the rice and soak in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Then boil it in a pan in medium flame with the soaked water covering it with a lid. Add few drops of oil to the rice while boiling to make it non sticky.
- Once the rice is cooked switch off the stove and keep it aside.
- Heat a broad pan with oil and ghee.
- Saute it with cumin seeds. After it splutters fry the garlic and green chilli till they become brown.
- Then add the onions and fry for a while. Then add the clove cinnamon powder and salt.
- Then add the tomatoes. Fry till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Now add the washed greens and fry for a minute. Add all the mentioned powders and stir well.
- Finally add the boiled Rajma and mix well. Add salt if necessary.
- Now add the boiled rice and mix gently till the rice and rajma masala blend well together.