Potato Curry is the perfect finger food and all time favorite for most of us. It is also a wonderful companion for any meal. This Potato curry made with Freshly Ground Spices tastes delicious and a lip smacking one to have either with meal or rotis...
Ingredients for making Potato Curry with Freshly Ground Spices:
- Boiled potatoes - 7 (Peel them and make into pieces with hand)
- Turmeric powder
- Hing powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Thinly sliced Onions 1 cup
- Oil 5 table spoons
For Spice Powder:
In a pan heat 3 tea spoons of oil and fry 3 table spoons of Coriander seeds, 1 and 1/2 table spoons of Bengal gram (Channa dal) and 6 Red chillies to dark red. Powder them coarsely in a mixie and keep aside.
Method for making Potato Curry with Freshly Ground Spices:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- Saute it with mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- Add turmeric powder and hing.
- Then fry the onions by adding required salt for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled potato pieces and mix gently.
- Keep the flame low and let ti to fry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally add the ground spic powder and mix well. Garnish with curry leaves.
- A perfect side dish for any rice variety...