Our usual scrumptious rasam made with Ilaneer / Tender coconut makes it more delicious with very mild sweetness. Either you can mix it with hot steaming rice or can enjoy as hot soup..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Elaneer / Tender Coconut Rasam:
- Tamarind water from a gooseberry size tamarind 500 ml
- Tomatoes chopped from 2 tomatoes
- Elaneer / Tender coconut 200 ml
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Pressure cooked thur dal from 1 table spoon of thur dal
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Coconut oil 2 tea spoons
For Rasam Powder:
- Coriander seeds 3 tea spoons
- Pepper corns 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chillies 3
How to make Elaneer / Tender Coconut Rasam?
- In a pan boil the extracted tamarind water with salt, tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- Wait till it becomes half in quantity.
- Add some curry leaves while boiling.
- Add the rasam powder and mix well.
- Add the boiled thur dal too. Let them boil well for two more minutes.
- Now pour the tender coconut water in to the boiling stuff and immediately switch off the stove.
- Do the seasoning in coconut oil adding mustard seeds, curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida powder and add to the rasam.
- Garnish with loads of coriander leaves.