A typical Kerala Snack in which the ripened plantain is made in to thin slices and dipped in to flour batter and deep fried. It is a traditional tea time snack and found in street side shops all over Kerala...
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Pazham Pori:
- Nendram Pazham / Ripened Plantains 3
- All purpose flour / Maida 5 table spoons
- Rice flour 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Cooking soda a pinch
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Pazham Pori / Ripened Plantain Fritters?
- Mix the flour, salt, cooking soda, turmeric powder in a broad pan well and add water.
- Bring in to dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Peel off the fruit and cut in to half.
- Now make 1/2 inch thickness pieces as shown in the picture.
- Dip them one by one in to the batter and drop in to the oil.
- Fry till they become golden yellow on both sides.
- The Pazham Pori / Ripened Plantain Fritters are ready to munch with hot tea now.