The most suitable Rasam for a cold winter or rainy day filled with the flavours of garlic, pepper and cumin seeds. Since garlic is very good for health, we make this Garlic Rasam atleast once in a week or ten days. We don't usually add garlic in all rasam varieities. This rasam gives a wonderful taste and aroma when had with hot rice and a teaspoon of ghee. Or sip a cup of this tangy and spicy rasam like soup...
Ingredients for making Poondu Rasam:
- Tamarind juice 2 cups from a small lemon size tamarind
- Garlic heads 15
- Red chillies 2 or 3
- Pepper corns 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Boiled thur dal 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes 2
- Ghee 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
Method for making Poondu Rasam:
Boil 2 tb spoons of thur dal in pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and keep aside.
Grind garlic heads - 5, red chillies, pepper corns, cumin seeds, curry leaves- 7 together with water and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai with a tea spoons of oil or ghee and saute it with mustard seeds.
- After it splutters, add the remaining garlics, chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Then add few curry leaves and tamarind water.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Let it boil till the garlics become soft.
- Now add the ground mixture and the thur dal. Mix well. Wait till the rasam starts bubbling and foaming.
- Now switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Is this group pure vegetarian since I do not want any non-veg dishesReplyDelete
Yes. This group and page is 101% pure vegetarianDelete