Shrikhand is a Maharashtrian dessert made of strained yogurt/Curd. Shrikhand is usually flavoured with saffron, cardamom blended with seasonal fruits. This creamy Mango Shrikhand , garnished with nuts is an ideal dessert for the summer season..
Ingredients for making Mango Shrikhand:
- Hung sourless fresh curd made from 1 litre milk (1000ml)
- Mango pulp from 2 mangoes
- Powdered Sugar with 2 green cardamoms 4 table spoons
- 3-4 strands saffron in 1 tbsp milk
- Handful almonds and pistachios to garnish
How to make Mango Shrikhand?
- Place a muslin or cheese cloth on a bowl and ties it tightly.
- Pour the curd on the cloth and let the water from the curd gets drained for 4 hours.
- Once you pour the curd on the cloth place the vessel in the refrigerator to avoid the curd becoming sour.
- Peel the mango take out the fleshy part, mash it in a blender and keep ready.
- After four hours scoop out the hung curd (Thick and creamy) and mix mango pulp, saffron milk and sugar cardamom powder together and refrigerate it for 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve the chilled Shrikhand.