Muzhu Ulunthu Dosai is the authentic dosa of Tirunelveli district. Usually we use dehusked Blakgram or splitted one for making dosa. Here the wholegrain of Blackgram without removing the skin is used and hence it is packed with proteins and fiber. Blackgram is also rich in iron, calcium and Phosphorus.
- Pre time/grinding time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 8
Ingredients for making Muzhu Ulunthu Dosa:
- Parboiled rice (Puzhungal Arisi) 3 cups
- Whole Blackgram Muzhu Ullunthu 1 cup
- Fenugreek 2 tea spoons full
- Salt to taste
Method for making Muzhu Ulunthu Dosai:
- Wash well and soak the rice and fenugreek together for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours wash the whole black gram also and add with the rice and grind in the wet grinder with water and salt. (The whole blackgram need not be soaked).
- Grind the stuff to smooth batter and let it to ferment at least for 10 hours or overnight.
- Make dosa in usual procedure with sesame oil.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambhar