Dwadasi recipe - This spinach has very high level of Iron, Calcium and Vitamin C with bunch of health benefits. On the next day of Ekadasi fasting, this spinach curry is made to regain or compensate the nutrients lost due to fasting.
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
ALSO SEE THE RECIPE OF DWADASI MENU SUNDAIKKAI VATHAL KUZHAMBU AND NELLIKKAI THAYIR PACHADI
Ingredients for making Agathi keerai Curry:
- A bunch of Agathi keerai
- Moong dal and chana dal 1 tb spoon each
- Grated coconut 1 tb spoon
- Ginger a small piece
- Green chilli 1
- Sugar 2 tea spoons
Mustard seeds, Urad dal and a red chilli
How to make Agathi Keerai Curry:
- Remove the leaves from the stem and wash them and drain the water.
- In a pan add 2 cups of water and put both the dals. Now with the hand just make rough pieces of the leaves and add to the boiling water.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. A dash of (less than a pinch) of edible soda can be added but it is optional.
- Let them to cook well till the water dries out.
- Mean while grind the coconut, ginger and green chilli in mixie without water and keep aside.
- When the spinach becomes soft add the coconut mix and stir well.
- Saute it with the seasoning items.
- Sprinkle the sugar on it and mix well.