Aloo jeera fry is a star hotel recipe that loaded with flavours. Aloo jeera fry is a fantastic curry that tastes yummy with lovely combination of Potatoes and Cumin and no doubt this Aloo Jeera fry is a great treat for potato fans. This delicious curry / sabzi is a wonderful side dish for Roti, Chapathi, Naan and Rice...
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Aloo Jeera Fry:
- Boiled Potatoes 6 or 7
- Thinly sliced onions from 2
- Oil and Butter 2 tb spoons each
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon full
- Roasted cumin seeds powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1 full tea spoon
- Amchur powder / Dry Mango powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Kasuri methi leaves 2 tea spoons crushed
How to make Aloo Jeera Fry?
Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them to small chunks and keep aside.
Heat a pan with butter and oil.
Do the seasoning with cumin seeds.
Once they splutter fry the onions till they become golden brown.
Add all the powders and salt to the frting onions and mix well.
Now transfer the potato pieces to the pan and stir gently.
Keep the flame in medium and allow the potatoes to get fried well for 10 more minutes.
Add the kasuri methi leaves, some curry leaves and switch off the stove.