Carrot Poriyal / Carrot Stir fry is a healthy, tasty and simple side dish for lunch. since the carrot poriyal is made with grated carrot, it needs very less time for cooking and can be made in jiffy. The flavour of green chillies in this Carrot Poriyal gives good aroma and taste to this side dish.
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 05 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Carrot Poriyal:
- Carrot 1/2 Kg
- Salt requirede
- Turmeric Powder1/4 tspn
- Asafoetida 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves few
- Finely chopped green chillies 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tb spoons
- Mustard and Urad dal for tempering
- Coconut 3 tb poons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tspn
- Red chillies 2 or 3
- Grind to coarse without water and keep aside
How to make Carrot Poriyal?
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Do the tempering with mustard and urad dal.
- Once they splutter, throw in chillies, curry leaves and stir.
- Then add turmeric, asafoetida and salt. Mix well.
- Put the grated carrot into the pan and stir.
- Keep the flame medium and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, keeping the pan closed.
- Then add the coconut stuff, mix well and switch off.
- The Carot Poriyal is ready to serve with any rice now.