A delicious, mouthwatering and crispy snacks that is offered to Lord Krishna on his birthday every year as Neividhyam along with Uppu (Salt) Seedai...
SEE HERE THE RECIPES OF AVAL PAYASAM AND AVAL KESARI (SWEETS WITH POHA)Ingredients for making Vella Seedai:
- Home made rice powder 2 cups
- Urad dal powder 1 tb spoon
- Jagerry powder 1 cup full
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Roasted White sesame seeds 3 tea spoons
- Roasted Shredded coconut 2 tb spoons
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Vella Seedai?
- Soak 500 gms of Raw rice in water after washing well for 3 hours. After 3 hours drain the water out completely.
- Make the rice to dry by spreading it on a neat cloth.
- After 2 hours powder it to powder in a mixer jar.
- It need not be a very fine powder.
- Slightly coarser than the fine powder but Finer than Semolina.
- Dry roast the urad dal to light golden brown and powder it very finely and sieve it well and keep aside.
- Dry roast the powdered rice till it becomes warm.
- Need not sieve it.
- Add 1 cup of water to Jaggery in a pan and heat it.
- After it melts keep the flame medium and wait till it comes to one string consistency.
- Switch off the stove and add the rice flour, urad dal powder, cardamom powder, sesame seeds and coconut to it and stir well with a ladle.
- Make it like a roti dough and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Then grease your palm with butter or ghee and make small rough balls out of it and deep fry in oil in medium flame to dark golden brown colour.
- Oil should not be heated in high flame till the smoke comes for this recipe.
- It is important to fry in a medium flame.
If you make very perfect tight balls the crispiness will be in outer layer and will be uncooked inside. To have crispiness till the inner core make rough rounds.