Aval / Poha Kesari is an awesome and delicious sweet that is very easy to make and can be made in no time. No complicated procedure for making this and can be made perfect even at the first try...
See other Poha recipes like : Buttermilk Poha Kichadi, Poha Pepper fry, Poha Pyasam, Poha Dosa, Poha Aapam
Ingredients for making Poha Kesari:
- Poha/Puffed rice/Aval 1 cup
- Sugar 1 and 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder ½ tea spoon
- Ghee 4 to 5 tb spoons
- Roasted cashews
- Food colour a drop mixed in 1 tb spoon of water
How to make Poha Kesari?
- Wash the poha well and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain out the water and keep aside.
- Heat a wok and fry the cashews and dry grapes in a 2 tea spoons of ghee and keep them aside.
In the same pan fry the poha well for few minutes and add 2 cups of water and cook the poha in medium flame stirring well.
When the poha is cooked well mash with the ladle and add the sugar and food color to it and keep stirring
- Add the ghee in between then and there. Add cardamom powder also.
- When it forms well without any lumps and comes like a ball without sticking to the pan switch off the stove.
- Garnish with cashews and serve.