The easiest way to make the yummiest Vegetable Biryani. The only job you have to do is chopping the vegetables. That too if you do it in advance and keep ready in the refrigerator, in just 20 minutes the spicy flavourful Biryani is ready. I prefer this method while doing for more number of people like for potlucks, parties and picnics...
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Instant Vegetable Biryani:
- Basmathi rice 2 cups
- Water 4 cups
- Chopped veggies like carrot, beans, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes and Capsicum as much as you like
- Thinly sliced Onions from 3 onions and slitted green chillies 2
- Garlic pods 8
- Grated ginger 2 tea spoons
- Coriander and mint leaves handful (washed and chopped)
- Curd 1 cup (100 ml)
- Oil and Ghee 3 tb spoons each
- Bay leaves 2
- Cinnamon and cloves few
- Star anise 1/2
- Green Cardamom 1
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tea spoon
How to make Instant Vegetable Biryani?
Wash the Basmathi rice drain the water out and keep it aside.
Heat a broad pan with oil and ghee.( I used the pressure cooker pan since I made for 6 people)
Add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon , cardamom, star anise and fry for few seconds.
Then fry the onions till it becomes golden colour.
Now add the garlic pods, grated ginger, green chillies and fry for a minute.
Then fry the tomatoes till they become mushy.
Then add all the veggies and fry for a minute.
Then add all the powders and the green leaves and stir well for two minutes.
Pour the curd and mix well.
Add the Washed Basmathi rice and salt to the pan and mix.
Pour the water and wait till it starts boiling.
Give a stir and close the pan or cooker pan with a lid.
Keep the flame to minimum.
Allow it to get cooked for 15 minutes in very low flame
Switch off the stove.
Open the lid after 5 minutes.
Stir it gently and serve with raita.