A Simple yet Rich ,Delicious and Traditional Sweet made during Festivals. The flavour of coconut milk, cardamom, saffron blended with jaggery syrup gives heavenly taste of sweetness...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Paal Kozhukattai (Rice Dumplings in Jaggery Syrup and Coconut Milk):
- Rice 250 gms
- Powdered Jagerry 150 gms
- Ghee 3 tea spoons
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Saffron strings 4 or 5 (Optional)
- Thick Coconut milk 150 ml
How to make Paal Kozhukattai (Rice Dumplings in Jaggery Syrup and Coconut Milk)?
- Wash the rice and soak it for atleast 4 hours. Then in a blender or mixer grind it to very smooth paste adding just a pinch of salt. Add water and bring it to thin pouring consistency.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with the rice batter adding 2 tea spoons of ghee and keep stirring.
- In few minutes the batter thickens and becomes a dough like roti dough.
- The pure white colour becomes dull white. (Keep in mind to stir the batter from the beginning in low flame)
- Now switch off the stove and allow it to cool down.
- Grease your palm with ghee and knead the dough well to soft without any lumps.
- Make small balls out of it and keep aside.
- In 2 cups of warm water dissolve the powdered jaggery and filter it to remove any dirt.
- Now add one more cup of water to it and boil. When it boils well slowly drop the balls into it gently and keep the flame low.
- The balls will settle down at the bottom.
- Close the pan with a lid and boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now you take the lid off. Once the balls are cooked they start floating. Now add the cardamom powder and the thick coconut milk and switch off the stove. Add saffron strings.