Who says only chutney and sambar are the best combo for idlis? Try this simple onion and tomato kuruma as a side dish for idlis. You will really enjoy the taste. Though this is the exclusive kuruma made as the side dish for idlis it also pairs very well with chapathis...
- Pre time: 07 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Simple Kuruma for Idlis:
- Thinly sliced onions from 3 onions
- Finely chopped Tomatoes from 3 tomatoes
- Slitted green chillies 4 or 5
- Oil 3 table spoon
- Curry leaves
- Coconut 3 table spoons
- Kasa kasa/ Poppy seeds / khus khus 3 tea spoons
- Fennel seeds/ Saunf/ Sombu 1 tea spoon
Grind the above three ingredients with water to paste and keep aside.
How to make Simple Kuruma for Idlis?
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Fry the onions and green chillies till the onions become golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes and few curry leaves.
- Add required salt.
- Fry for few seconds, keep the flame to medium and cover the pan.
- After five minutes open the lid and stir well.
- Wait till the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add the paste and mix well.
- Check out for salt and hotness.
- If needed add a pinch of red chilli powder.
- Pour two cups of water and switch off after it reaches gravy consistency.
Thin(-c)ly sliced onions from 3 onions
Finely chopped To(+m)atoes from 3 tomatoes
Slit(-ted) green chillies 4 or 5
Oil 3 table spoon(+full)
switch off (+after) it reaches gravy consistency.
Thank you. Made the correctionsDelete
thank you very muchDelete
Good recipe. Simple and quick recipe.Please share more side dishes for tiffins like idlli ,dosa.ReplyDelete
Hey I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!ReplyDelete
Review my page please: 오피