This recipe gives different taste every time you make it based on the combination of vegetables you use. This curry can be used as side dish for multiple items. Read the recipe to know the various ways in which this could be used. The fresh home made spice powder gives awesome taste to this side dish. Often our refrigerator has very small quantity of different veggies left over in the vegetable tray. We end up in confusion how to get them finished off before going in for buying next lot of veggies. Here is the interesting way to make use of them...
Pre time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients for making Leftover veggies Fry:
- Any vegetables available at home finely chopped 1 bowl
- Onions chopped from 2 onions
- Finely chopped garlic and ginger 1 tea spoon (Optional)
- Green peas and Bell peppers if at stock consider them too
- Oil 2 tb spoons
- Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves for seasoning
For Curry Powder:
Coriander seeds 2 tb spoon
Red chillies 5 or 6
Black gram and Chana dal 2 tea spoons each
Pepper corn 1 tea spoon
Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
Clove and Cinnamon few sticks( 3 or 4)
Dry roast the above mentioned items in a pan till the dals become light golden brown and powder them. Keep aside.
How to make Leftover Veggies Fry?
I used Broad beans, Beans, carrot , cabbage, Green bell pepper and Green peas. You can add any vegetable.
Heat a pan with oil.
Do the seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
After they splutter fry the onions, garlic and ginger for a minute.
Then add the bell peppers and green peas and stir for two minutes. Add a pinch of salt and stir.
Now transfer the chopped vegetables to the pan and mix well.
Sprinkle handful of water on them, keep the flame to low and close the pan with a lid.
Let them get cooked and fried for 10 to 15 minutes in low flame.
Now open the lid and keep the flame high.
When the veggies are well cooked and fried add the curry powder to it and mix well.
Keep the flame to low and allow to get fried for five more minutes.
Switch off the stove.
- Use this curry as the sandwich stuff between the breads
- Or as side dish for dosa, rotis, phulkas or as curry for any rice.
- Cook basmathi rice. Add few drops of ghee and mix this curry in that and make Pulao for the Lunch box for kids with raitha.
Wow, I absolutely love this way of saving leftover veggies! Thanks for sharing.:-)ReplyDelete