Though making side dish for fried rice, chapathis, phulkas and rotis is a regular one, when it comes to making of different side dish apart from usual dhal. Kadai paneer or Veg kurma we end up often in confusion. Here is the simple step by step recipe for making a star hotel side dish. Try this rich, gorgeous side dish made with Paneer and other fresh spices that gives an aromatic, flavourful and mouthwatering taste....
Pre time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients for making Paneer Bhurji Gravy:
Paneer or Tofu 250 gms
Onions finely chopped from 4 onions (Divide them into two equal portions and keep aside)
Finely chopped tomatoes from 2 tomatoes
Capsicum chopped from 1 Capsicum
Tomato puree 3 tb spoons
Garlic pearls 10
Ginger pieces from chopped from 2 inch size ginger
Curd 100 ml
Red chilli powder 2 tea spoons
Garam masala powder 1/2 tea spoon
Coriander seed powder 3 tea spoons
Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
Cinnamon sticks few
Green cardamom 2
Kasuri Methi leaves 1 tea spoon
Butter 3 tb spoons
How to make Paneer Bhurji Gravy?
- Grate the Paneer in a scrapper and keep aside.
- In a bowl put coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and add the curd to them. Let them to get soaked well and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tb spoon of butter.
- Fry Garlic and ginger for a minute.
- Take one portion of the chopped onions and add to the pan.
- Fry for two minutes.
- Add the cashews to them and fry for one more minute.
- After the stuff get cooled down grind them to paste and keep aside.
- Heat the pan with remaining 2 tb spoons of butter.
- Add the whole spices like clove, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Now fry the remaining portion of chopped onion till they become golden brown and add the tomatoes and capsicum and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onion paste to the pan and fry well till the raw smell goes.
- Then pour the tomato puree to the pan.
- Let them get mixed well and boil for a minute. Add required Salt.
- Add the spice powders with curd to the pan.
- Mix everything well. Add the grated Paneer and stir. Crush the Kasoori Methi leaves and add to the pan.
- Add two cups of water and allow to boil till the gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onions for garnishing.
- The Paneer Bhurji Gravy is ready.