- Pre time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
- Serves : 4
Ingredients for making Pacharisi Idli / Idli for Vrat days :
- Raw rice 1 cup
- Javarrisi / Sago 2 table spoons
- Aval / Poha 1/2 cup
- Urad dal 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
How to make Pacharisi Idli / Idli for Vrat days ?
- Wash all the ingredients except poha well and soak them separately in water.
- Let the Sago / Javarrisi get soaked for 5 hours and rest for 2 hours.
- First grind the javvirisi to smooth paste in the blender and keep aside.
- Then wash poha and drian the water out.
- Put rice, poha and uard dal together in the blender and grind to smooth paste.
- Mix the batter with the Javarrisi paste.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Let the batter to ferment for overnight.
- Then grease the idli plates and make idlis as usual.
- This idli will not get dry since we add javarissi and poha.
- It stays softer till night.
If you feel adding Poha and Sabudhana is not recommended to be offered as Neividhtam just take equal measurement of raw rice and urad dal and soak them with a teaspoon of methi / vendhayam seeds and follow the rest of procedure.