A very refreshing and flavourful chutney for lunch with welcoming taste. When you have hectic schedule for upcoming Diwali, make this simple chutney and relish its wonderful taste by mixing this with hot steaming rice with a dollop of ghee or gingelly oil. This chutney is also a wonderful combination to have with curd rice...
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Making time: 05 mins
- Serves: 3
How to make Malli Thogayal / Coriander seeds Chutney?
- Heat 3 teaspoons of oil in a pan.
- Roast 5 tea spoons of Dhania/coriander seeds for 10 seconds and add 4 spoons of Urad dal and 5 red chillies.
- After few seconds of stirs add a gooseberry size tamarind piece and keep frying till the seeds and dals become golden brown.
- Now add 1/4 tea spoon of asafoetida / hing powder and 4 table spoons of fresh coconut to the pan and roast for 30 seconds and switch off the stove.
- Wait till the stuff gets cooled down. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and grind to paste adding some water.
- Those who like mild sweetness can add a piece of jaggery while grinding the chutney.