Milagu jeeraga Rasam is the most comfort one for a rainy or cold winter day. The steaming rasam with the fine aroma gives soothing feel to throat. Boiled dal is not added to this rasam and hence it is very easy to make and can be prepared very quickly. Any vegetable stir fry or pappad suits well with this Rasam Rice. Not only with rice, it can also be had as a soup or appetiser in a cup.
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Milagu jeeraga Rasam:
- Tamarind juice 3 cups from a small lemon size tamarind
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Black pepper corns 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds / jeeragam 2 tea spoons
- Asafoetida / Hing 1/4 tea spoon
- Thur dhal 2 tea spoons
- Red chillies 2
- Ghee 2 tea spoons
- Curry leaves 10
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
How to make Milagu Jeeraga Rasam:
- Heat a pan with one teaspoon of ghee.
- Fry the thur dhal, pepper, red chillies chillies till the dal color changes.
- Switch off the stove and add the cumin seeds / jeeragam.
- After it gets cooled grind it with water and keep aside.
- Boil the tamarind water with salt and turmeric powder till the raw smell goes.
- Add a tea spoon of sugar or jagerry and asafoetida.
- Now pour the ground mix to it with little water.
- Add some tomato pieces but it is optional. In traditional pepper rasam tomato is not added.
- Allow it to boil till it starts to give bubbles and foam.
- Saute it with mustard seeds with a tea spoon of ghee. Add coriander leaves.