A super tasty and spicy gravy with protein rich white soya beans that is truly delicious with Chapathis, Rotis, Naan and Plain rice...
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making White Soya Bean Gravy (Without garlic ginger paste):
- White Soya beans 250 gms
- Poppy seeds / kasa kasa / khus khus 3 tea spoons
- Cashews 8
- Thinly sliced onions from 3 onions
- Sliced capsicum from 1 capsicum
- Slitted green chillies 2
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Tomato paste / puree taken from 3 ripened tomatoes
- Cloves, cinnamon sticks coarsely crushed 1 tea spoon together
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 and 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt 3/4 tea spoon
- Sugar 1/2 tea spoon
- Oil 3 table spoons
How to make White Soya Bean Gravy (Without garlic ginger paste)?
Wash and soak Soya beans overnight or for 8 hours.
Pressure cook it to 6 whistles adding some water and 1/4 tea spoon salt.
Dry roast the poppy seeds and cashews in a pan for 2 minutes in medium flame and grind them to paste with some water and keep aside.
Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
Once they splutter add the onions and green chillies and fry for 3 minutes till the onions becomes slightly brown.
Now pour the tomato puree and stir till the oil separates.
Put all the powders, sugar and 1/2 tea spoon of salt and mix well.
Now add the capsicum and fry for a minute.
Add the boiled soya beans in to the pan with some water and allow to boil till it thickens.
Add the cashew paste and mix well.
Add required water to bring it into gravy consistency.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.