Poosanikkai Thayir Pachadi / Ash gourd Raitha is the traditional recipe and served very next to Payasam (Kheer) in all important feasts of Tamilnadu. This healthy, fiber rich and easy to make raitha tastes exotic with any type of meals. The creamy and white raitha looks great when served on the green banana leaves...
- Pre Time: 5 mins
- Cooking time :10 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Ash gourd Raitha:
Ash gourd 300 gms
Grated coconut 2 tb spoons
Green chillies 3
Fresh curd made from skimmed milk 2 cups
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves
Mustard seeds 1/4 tea spoon
Oil 1/2 tea spoon
Note: A very ideal recipe for those who are under the weight reducing process if you use the curd made from skimmed milk with low fat.
How to make Ash gourd Raitha?
- Select matured and stubborn Ash gourd. The spongy one does not suit to make raithas.
- Peel the skin and cut them into small rectangle pieces.
- Without adding water semi boil them in a steamer or in Idli plates.
- See to it that the pieces are firm and do not become very soft.
- Keep them aside to cool down.
- Grind coconut and chillies with required salt for the Raitha to paste adding minimum water.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves, ground paste and curd to the veg pieces and stir well.
- Do the seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- If you are planning to have lunch later refrigerate it and use before serving.