I tried Schezwan Idli Fry as a starter for a get together at my home and it was a super hit. It can also be served as evening tiffin for children or can be packed in lunch box...
- Pre time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Schezwan Idli Fry:
- Mini Idlis 25 or Regular idlis cut to quarters
- Red chillies 4 or 5
- Green capsicum thinly sliced from 1 capsicum
- Thinly sliced onions from 2 onions
- Garlic pearls 8
- Ginger a piece of an inch size
- Garam masala powder and pepper powder 1/4 tea spoon each
- Tomato sauce 4 tea spoons
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Soya sauce 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Oil 6 table spoons
How to make Schezwan Idli Fry?
- Heat a Non stick frying pan with 3 table spoons of oil and shallow fry the idlis till they become golden colour on both sides.
- Keep aside.
- Soak the red chillies in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Grind the soaked red chillies, with garlic and ginger to nice paste and keep aside.
- Now heat the pan with the rest of 3 table spoons of oil.
- Fry the onions to transparent and fry the capsicums too for a minute.
- Now add the paste and sauces and saute till they become thick.
- Sprinkle the salt, sugar, garam masala powder and pepper powder and stir well.
- Add the fried idlis and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves and serve.