The Ravabath is mostly served on the previous day of Tamilbrahmins Marriage as breakfast and they make it without onions and yet the Kalyana Ravabath tastes yummy and just melts in the mouth with its soft texture. Kalyana Ravabath is the simplest and one of the tastiest breakfast..
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Kalyana Ravabath:
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina 2 cups
- Finely chopped tomatoes from 3
- Slitted green chillies 4
- Red chilli 2
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Asafoetida powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Ghee and Oil 2 tb spoon each
- Mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal for seasoning
- Salt to taste
How to make Kalyana Ravabath?
- Heat a pan with oil and ghee.
- Do the seasoning with given items.
- Once they splutter and dals get roasted add the chillies, curry leaves and tomatoes.
- While the tomatoes are getting fried add the required salt and turmeric too.
- Once the tomatoes become mushy put the rava/sooji to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour 5 cups of water stir well and close the pan with a lid.
- Keep the flame to minimum.
- Switch off the stove after 15 minutes.
- Give 10 minutes resting time.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and if needed add two teaspoons of ghee and serve with coconut chutney.