- Pre & Cooking time: 07 mins
- Making time: 03 mins
Ingredients for making Kollu Chutney (Horsegram Chutney):
- Kollu / Horsegram 2 tb spoons
- Chana dal 2 tea spoons & Urad dal 2 tea spoons
- Red chillies 4 or 5
- Tomatoes chopped 1
- Fresh Grated Coconut 3 table spoons
- A small marble size tamarind
- Ginger pieces 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tea spoons
- Mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves for seasoning
How to make Kollu Chutney (Horsegram Chutney)?Heat a pan and dry roast the horsegram till nice aroma comes and it starts to splutter well.
Transfer it to a plate.
Heat the pan with 2 tea spoons of oil and fry the chana dal, urad dal and red chillies.
When they start to become golden brown add the tomatoes, tamarind and ginger pieces and fry for two more minutes and switch off the stove.
Do the seasoning in a tea spoon of oil.
Note:Garlic can be added with the tomatoes for variation