Ram Navami is celebrated to proclaim the birth of Lord Sriram, the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu. It is very auspicious to offer Panagam, Neermore and Kosmalli as Naivedhyam and seek his blessings. This year Sri Rama Navami is on April 05. And also no doubt that these dishes are very good for our health, especially to beat this hot summer...
- Take 1/4 kg of Jagerry, powder it and dissolve it in 300 ml of water. Once the jagerry is well dissolved filter it and remove the dust and dirts.
- Add crushed dry ginger of 2 inches in size or 1 tea spoon of dry ginger powder to it. (Chukku)
- Then add cardamom powder for flavour.
- Squeeze a lemon into it.
- Mix well and the Panagam is ready.
- Nothing could equalize this traditional Jagerry juice!!!!
Neer More(Skimmed and flavoured butter milk)
- Blend well a cup of curd with 300 ml of water.
- In a mixie jar add a small ginger piece, a green chilli, 1/4 tea spoon asafoetida powder and some salt and grind well.
- Mix the paste with some water and filter it. Add the filtered juice to the buttermilk.
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve chilled after Naivedhyam.
- Soak hand full of yellow moongh dal (Paasi paruppu) in warm water for 1 hour.
- Then drain the water out completely and keep the dal in a bowl.
- Add some chopped pieces of raw mango, grated carrot, green chilli pieces and salt to it.
- Add some scraped fresh coconut.
- Garnish with coriander Leaves.