Have you ever tried making regular rava / sooji Upma adding buttermilk? If not try it today and enjoy the inviting upma that tickles the taste buds. A tea spoon of sugar or any pickle is enough to enjoy this simple breakfast....
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Buttermilk Rava / Sooji Upma:
- Rava / Semolina / Sooji 2 cups
- Oil 3 tb spoons
- Thin Buttermilk with mild sourness 2 cups
- Water 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Slitted green chillies 2
- Red chillies 2
- Asafoetida powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds and urad dal for seasoning
- Few roasted cashews and peanuts (optional)
How to make Buttermilk Rava / Sooji Upma:
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Do the seasoning with mustard, urad dal and red chillies.
- Once they splutter add the green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida powder and give a stir.
- Now add the rava to the pan and roast for a minute in medium flame with other sauted ingredients.
- Pour the buttermilk, water along with required salt.
- Mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and keep the flame to minimum.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and open the lid.
- Now the stuff would have cooked well and fold the stuff with a ladle.
- Switch off the stove.
- Garnish with cashews, groundnuts and serve.