No doubt that the Sesame Chutney, the Authentic Recipe of Tirunelveli is exceptionally good for health like the Magical words: 'Open Sesame'!!! Though the sesame seeds are tiny, they have rich assortments of minerals packed in them. Sesame seeds , ave high content of minerals like Copper, Calcium, Iron, Manganese etc., Mix this chutney and a tea spoon of gingelly oil with rice and enjoy the divine taste having pappad as side dish...
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 05 mins
Ingredients for making Sesame/Til Chutney (Ellu Thogayal)
- Black or Brown Sesame seeds 4 tb spoons
- Red chillies 4 or 5
- Grated coconut 5 tb spoons
- Tamarind gooseberry size
- Hing / Asafoetida powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
How to make Sesame/Til Chutney (Ellu Thogayal)?
- In a pan dry roast the sesame seeds till they all burst or spluter out in medium flame and keep aside.
- Add 1 tea spoon of oil to the pan and fry the red chillies and the tamarind for few seconds.
- Add coconut, tamarind, red chillies and required salt to a mixie or blender jar and grind to coarse paste with water.
- Finally add the roasted seeds to them grind for a while. But not to very smooth for a long time. Transfer the stuff to a bowl and drizzle 1 tea spoon of sesame/gingelly oil over it.
- This chutney tastes very yummy to have with hot steaming rice or as the side dish to curd rice. The Sesame Chutney is the best side dish for Black Urad Dal Rice,