- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Vazhaikkai Fry (Raw Banana Spicy Fry):
- Raw Bananas 4 or 5
- Tamarind pulp taken from a small lemon size tamarind 3 table spoons
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon or Sambar powder 2 tea spoons
- Mustard seeds, urad dal for seasoning
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour 1 tb spoon
- Kadalai maavu / besan flour 2 tb spoons
- Oil 3 table spoons
How to make Vazhaikkai Fry (Raw Banana Spicy Fry)?Peel off the skin of the raw bananas and cut them to thin slices of 1/2 cm thickness.
Heat surplus amount of water in a vessel adding salt and turmeric powder.
Add the tamarind pulp too to the boiling water.
Now put the sliced veggies in to the water, mix well and switch off the stove after exactly two minutes.
Drain the water out and place the semi boiled raw bananas on a broad vessel.
Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with mustard urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
Shallow fry them in medium flame stirring at intervals till they become crispy.