Green Pulao is a perfect lunchbox item blended with the flavour of Mint and Coriander leaves. Easy to make and Tasty to eat. A simple onion raitha serves as the best side dish for the Green Pulao and Potato chips make the Green Pulao more delicious.
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Green Pulao:
- Basmathi Rice 1 cup
- Sliced Onions 2
- Capsicum chopped 1
- Green Peas 3 tb spoons
- Cinnamon and Cloves crushed coarsely 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Garlic ginger paste 2 tea spoons
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Butter and Oil 2 tb spoons each
- Handful of Mint leaves and Coriander leaves washed
- Green chillies
- With little water grind to paste and keep aside
How to make Green Pulao?
- Wash Basmathi rice and keep aside draining water.
- Heat a pan with butter and oil.
- Do the seasoning with cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter fry onions , then add the clove cinnamon powder.
- Fry capsicum and green peas for two minutes and then add the garlic ginger paste and stir well.
- Now add in the paste with required salt and mix well.
- After 3 minutes add the basmathi rice and mix gently.
- Pour he coconut milk and 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook in low flame for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and leave it un disturbed for 10 minutes.
- Now garnish with coriander lives.
- Serve the Green Pulao with raita or pack it in lunch box with any chips.