I learnt this easiest making of Pulikaichal paste for making Puliyodharai recently from my Mom who visited my place. I asked her to make this for me. Puliyodarai has a unique taste and no doubt that there are many fans for this tangy rice. The tangy and spicy Temple style Puliyodarai with the hotness of chillies, flavour of spices and sesame oil and with the crunchiness of the dals and groundnuts gives a divine taste...
- Pre time : 15 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Yields: 400 gms
Ingredients for making Easy Kovil Puliyodharai / Tamarind Paste:
- Tamarind 100 gms
- Gingelly Oil 100 ml
- Jagerry 2 tb spoons
- Turmeric Powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
To Dry Roast:
- Coriander seeds 4 tb spoons
- Chana dal 3 tb spoons
- Red chillies 15
- Fenu greek seeds 2 tea spoon
- Sesame seeds 2 tea spoons
- Pepper corns 2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds
- Red chillies broken 6
- Chana dal 3 tb spoon
How to make Easy Kovil Puliyodharai / Tamarind Rice?
- Dry roast all the items given for roasting separately to golden brown and till sesame and pepper splutters and keep aside.
- Soak Tamarind in cup of hot water and keep aside.
- In a blender jar add the roasted items except pepper & sesame seeds.
- Powder them adding turmeric powder and required salt.
- Add the soaked tamarind with water to the powder in the blender and grind to paste and keep aside.
- Now powder the roasted sesame seeds and pepper corns separately and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with sesame oi.
- Do the seasoning with thje given items.
- Add the grounded tamarind paste and stir well.
- Now add the jagerry.
- In few minutes the oil will separate.
- Switch off and store in air tight bottle.
- How to make the Puliyodharai with the Pulikaichal (Paste)?
- Pressure cook the rice and allow to get cool down in a broad bowl.
- Add fresh curry leaves, Paste, roasted Peanuts, 4 tb spoon of sesame oil and 2 tea spoons of Pepper sesame powder and mix gently.
- Now the tasty, tangy Puliyodharai with divine taste is ready.