Cooking time:25 mins
Ingredients for making Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai:
- Rice Rawa (arisi kurunai) 1 cup
- Powdered Jagerry 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut 5 table spoons
- Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee 2 table spoons
- Water 2 cups
Method for making Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai:
- Powder the raw rice in the mixie coarsely like sooji/ semolina/rawa.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai boil 2 cups of water.
- Add the powdered jaggery and dissolve it. If any dust is present,filter and remove the dust.
- When the jagerry water boils well, add the rice rawa gently and stir. Add grated coconut and cardamom powder. Keep stirring till the consistency becomes like dosa batter.
- Now keep the flame to minimum, add ghee and close the pan with a lid. Let it to cook for 10 more minutes and switch off the stove.
- Now transfer the stuff to a bowl and allow it to cool. Grease the idli plates with ghee and make round small balls and steam them out for 15 minutes.
- When the balls become glossy and start sweating, the Kozhukattai is ready to serve.