Here is the recipe for the restaurant style Mushroom pepper fry that could be served as a starter or side dish or snack. Mushroom pepper fry tastes delicious with the fresh spices and full of flavours...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 12 to 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Mushroom Pepper Fry:
- Button Mushrooms 250 gms
- Thinly sliced onions from 2 onions
- Thinly sliced Capsicum from 1 capsicum
- Oil 5 table spoons
- Cumin seeds 3/4 tea spoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Coarsely crushed pepper corns 2 table spoons
- Green chillies slitted 3
- Curry leaves few
- Fennel seed powder 1/2 tea spoon (saunf powder)
- Pounded Ginger 1 tb spoon
How to make Mushroom Pepper Fry?
- Wash the mush rooms in running tap water, wipe with a clean cloth.
- Remove the stems and cut in to pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Do the seasoning with cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter fry the onions for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add the green chillies and curry leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Fry the capsicum for 2 more minutes.
- Then add the chilli powder, fennel seed powder, pounded ginger and stir well.
- Wait till the spices blend well and onions get brown.
- Now add the mushroom pieces and mix gently.
- allow to fry well in medium flame till the mushrooms get cooked.
- Don't over cook. it will make the mushrooms to become mushy.
- Once the mushrooms are soft and crunchy switch off the stove.