This spicy and tangy Brinjal gravy can be served as curry with rice and also as the side dish for Tiffins like Idli, Dosa and Chappathi. The relishing taste of this gravy will definitely induce to make often...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for Chettinad Brinjal Masala:
Purple brinjals medium sized - 4
Onions - 2
Chopped garlic 4 heads
Tomatoes - 2
Thin Tamarind juice - 1 cup
Coriander leaves generously - 2 table spoons
Green chillies - 2
Sambhar powder - 2 tea spoons
Fennel seeds - 1 tea spoon
Cummin seed powder - 1/4 tea spoon
Boiled Thur dhal - 1/2 cup
Method for Making the Chettinad Brinjal Masala:
- Heat the pan with 3 table spoons of oil.
- Do the seasoning with mustard seeds and fennel seeds.
- Add onions, garlic and tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add green chillies and all the powders with turmeric powder.
- Add the Brinjal pieces and fry in medium flame for few minutes till the brinjal pieces get roasted well.
- Pour the tamarind juice.
- Pour some extra water and allow it to boil with required salt.
- When the brinjal becomes soft add the boiled Thur dhal. When the masala thickens garnish with sufficient coriander and curry leaves.