Whenever I make this Morekoozh, I go back to the memory of my school days. My mom often makes Morekoozh as evening tiffin when we return from school. The slight sourness of buttermilk combined with the flavour of green chillies and hing gives an awesome feeling. Morekoozh is a pucca traditional tiffin of Tamil Brahmin Cuisine. It needs very less ingredients but tastes awesome. Gives a great break after any festival feasts....
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making MoreKoozh:
- Rice flour : 1 cup
- Buttermilk : 1 1/2 or 2 cups (Beaten curd with water. Need not be so watery)
- (One day old buttermilk will be good)
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Hing 1/4 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds and uradh dhal for sauteing
- Sesame oil 2 tb spns
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
Method for making More Koozh:
1. Mix the rice flour and butter milk in a bowl with a laddle without any lumps. It must be like a dosa batter. Add salt and let it soak for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil. Do the sauteing with mustard seeds and urad dhal. After they get splutter add green chillies, currry leaves and hing. fry for 10 seconds. Keep the flame in low now.
3. Add the rice flour and buttermilk mix to it and keep stirring. It will become a paste in 2 minutes. Keep on stirring till the colour becomes dull from milky white and turns slightly glossy.
4. When the Morekoozh comes like a ball without any moisture transfer it and spread on a greased plate.
5. Cut the Morekoozh to desired shapes after 10 minutes and serve.