Mysore rasam varies slightly from our regular Rasam. Mysore rasam tastes very yummy with freshly roasted and powdered spices. The aroma of pepper and cumin added with Coconut and Jagerry gives exotic taste. Hot Rasam Rice with any vegetable fry and Pappad makes a perfect Lunch. We make this Mysore Rasam for any special occasion or when we have guests. Mysore Rasam also can be served as soup in bowls.
- Pre time: 05 mins
- cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Mysore Rasam:
- Tamarind juice 3 cups from a large gooseberry size
- Tomatoes chopped from 2 tomatoes
- Tuvar Dal cooked and mashed from 3 table spoons - 1 cup.
- Coriander and curry leaves for garnishing
- Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
- Dhaniya / coriander seeds 2 tbspns ,
- Channa dal 1 tbspn ,
- Pepper 1 tspn,
- Jeera(Cumin seeds) 3/4 tspn,
- Red chilli - 3 nos.
- Coconut 1 tbspn
- Jaggery 1 tbpn
- Ghee 4 teaspoons
How to make Mysore Rasam?
- Saute the ingredients given for grinding in 2 teaspoons of ghee except coconut and jaggery.
- Grind to a coarse powder along with coconut, jaggery.
- In a pan boil the tamarind juice with turmeric, salt and tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add asafoetida
- Add half cup water to tuvar dal and mix with boiling tamarind water.
- After it boils add the powdered stuff.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Heat 2 tspns of ghee in a small pan add mustard seeds .
- After it splutters add curry leaves and pour this on the rasam.