An apt Rasam recipe
for this rainy season. Mysore rasam varies slightly from our regular
Rasam. Coconut and Jagerry is added extra in Mysore rasam. Hot Rasam
Rice with any vegetable fry
and Pappad makes a perfect Lunch. During rainy days we prefer cooking
hot rice and fresh rasam with pappads for dinner. Since pepper and cumin
seeds are added Rasam gives an awesome taste for this season.
See also other Rasam Recipes: Gottu Rasam, Kollu Rasam, Mint Rasam, Authentic Rasam and Vepampoo Rasam
- Tamarind -1 (lemon sized)
- Tomatoes -2
- Tuvar Dal cooked and mashed - 1/4 cup.
- Coriander and curry leaves for garnishing.
- Dhaniya 2 tbspns ,
- Channa dal 1 tbspn ,
- Pepper 1 tspn,
- Jeera(Cumin seeds) 1tspn,
- Red chilli- 3 nos.
- Coconut 1 tbspn
- Jaggery 1 tspn.
- Saute the ingredients given for grinding except coconut and jaggery.
- Grind to a paste along with coconut, jaggery and 1 tomato.
- Add 1 cup water to tamarind and extract the juice. .
- Add asafoetida and 1 chopped tomato and boil till raw smell of tamarind goes.
- Add required salt .
- Add half cup water to tuvar dal and mix with boiling tamarind water.
- After it boils add the ground paste.
- Allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tspn ghee in a small pan .add mustard seeds .
- After it splutters add curry leaves and pour this on the rasam.