Ingredients for Quick Fix Tomato Rice:
- Cooked rice** 1 cup
- Onion 1 big
- Tomatoes 2 to 3 medium sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbspn
- Red chilli Powder 1 tspn
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- Cloves 2 nos
- Cardamom 2 nos
- Saunf 1 tspn
- Bay leaf 1
- Ghee 1 tspn
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
Method for making Quick Fix Tomato Rice:
- In a pan heat 2 tspns oil and ghee and add cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cloves and saunf.
- Fry for a minute and add onion.
- Saute till the onion turns golden brown and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Blend the tomatoes in a blender.
- After the raw smell of garlic paste goes add the tomato puree.
- Add chilli powder and mix.
- Allow it to cook till the oil separates from the ground tomato.
- Now add cooked rice, required salt and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Quick Fix Tomato Rice is ready to serve.
Rice can be any rice of your choice. Soona masoori in combination with seeraga samba rice gives a nice aroma. Even brown rice can be used.
1.You can even add mint leaves after frying the onions. It enhances the taste and aroma of the Quick Fix Tomato Rice
2.If you want Quick Fix Tomato Rice more spicy you can even add 1 or 2 slit green chillies.
3.Avoid using leftover rice if you are packing Quick Fix Tomato Rice for lunchbox.
Tomato rice is my favorite dish. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
south indian vegetarian restaurant
Wow! looking so colorful. I like it.Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Catering Services in Tambaram
great post. Happy to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Wedding catering Services in Chennai