An authentic Karnataka side dish served with Poori, Set dosa and also tastes very good with Chapathi. I often make this for my mother in law as a side dish to Chapathi since it is made without Ginger Garlic paste, which she doesn't like. A tasty side dish with very mild spiciness which elders mostly prefer...
- Pre time : 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RECIPE OF SET DOSA
Ingredients for making Vegetable Sagu:
- Thinly Sliced onions from 1 onion
- Diced veggies like carrot, potato and Beans 1/2 cup each
- Cauliflower florets cleaned and washed in salt water few
- Fresh Green peas 2 table spoons if available
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tb spoons
- Mustard seeds , Urad dal and cumin seeds for seasoning
- Curry leaves
For Gravy paste:
- Ginger 2 inch size piece peeled
- Green chillies 3 or 4
- Poppy seeds / Kasa kasa 2 tea spoons
- Cashews 4
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon stick 2 small pieces
- Coriander leaves few
- Coconut shredded 3 table spoons
Grind all the above items together to fine paste with water and keep aside.
How to make Vegetable Sagu?Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds.
After they splutter fry the onions till they become translucent.
Pour 2 cups of water and close the pan with lid.
Let them boil till the veggies are well cooked and become soft.
Now open the lid and add the coconut paste into it and mix well.
Let them boil together in low flame for 5 more minutes.
Add some water and wait till the gravy thickens.
Switch off and garnish with curry leaves.