The golden fried potato balls coated with spices and tomato is a lip smacking recipe that pairs as an excellent side dish with rice and roti. This crispy and spicy balls can also be had as snack, starter or chat. Make this appealing hot recipe with minimum ingredients and enjoy maximum taste...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Baby Potato Chilli Fry:
- Baby Potatoes 1/2 kg
- Finely Chopped onions 2 tb spoons
- Finely chopped tomatoes 2 tb spoons
- Finely chopped garlic 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1 1/2 tea spoons
- Kasoori methi 2 tea spoons
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves) for garnishing
- Oil 5 table spoons and 2 table spoons
How to make Baby Potato Chilli Fry?
- Pressure cook or boil the potatoes till they become soft.
- Peel off the skin.
- Heat 5 tb spoons of oil in a pan and fry them to golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 2 tb spoons of oil.
- Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter add the onions and garlic and fry till they become golden brown.
- Now fry the tomatoes till they become mushy.
- Add slat, chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add the fried potatoes and mix well and coat the spices on the potatoes.
- Keep the flame to low and allow the potatoes to absorb the spices and salt for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the kasoori methi leaves and cilantro.
- The spicy Aloo chat is ready now.