A healthy breakfast or dinner with very less effort but more of benefit and taste. A fibre rich, tasty tiffin with less oil. No soaking and hence can be made at any time when you wish....
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Oats Vegetable adai:
- Oats 2 cups
- Multi grain bread or Wheat bread 5 slices
- Finely grated veggies like cabbage, carrot, beans, cauliflower whatever in stock 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chillies and ginger 1 tea spoon each
- Mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal 1 tea spoon each
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves chopped
- Oil 3 tea spoons
How to make Oats and Vegetable Adai?
- Dry roast oats in a pan till nice aroma comes and powder it coarsely in a mixer.
- Powder the bread slices also and mix them both well and keep aside.
- Heat the pan with oil and add mustard seeds urad dal and chana dal.
- After they splutter and become brown add the chillies, ginger and curry leaves.
- Fry the grated veggies with them for a minute.
- Now add the oats and bread mix and stir well.
- Pour just 2 cups of water and stir well.
- The stuff becomes thick in no time and forms a dough.
- After the stuff gets cooled grease your palm with oil or ghee and take small balls out them and place on a polythene or zip lock bag.
- Gently press them and make small adais putting hole in the middle.
- Heat a non stick tawa and cook them on both sides to brown with less oil.
- Serve with chutney or sauce.