A perfect monsoon snack to have with evening coffee or tea. It is a shallow fried snack and hence can be had without any guilt. A lovely snack that will definitely make everybody to like it..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients to make Spicy Corn Fries:
- Sweet corn 2 cups
- Very finely chopped green chillies, ginger 1/2 tea spoon each (If needed can add garlic too)
- Besan flour / Kadalai maavu 2 tea spoons and red chilli powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Rice flour 1 tea spoon
- Corn flour 2 tea spoons
- Salt 1/4 tea spoon
- Oil 3 table spoons and 2 tea spoons
- Tomato sauce 3 tea spoons
- Green chilli sauce 1 tea spoon
- Soya sauce 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Spicy Corn Fries?
In broad vessel take the sweet corn and add the three flours mentioned above with 1/2 tea spoon of salt and sprinkle 2 table spoon of water.
Mix them well.
Heat a non stick pan with 3 table spoons of water and once it is heated put flour coated corns in to it and shallow fry for 5 minutes. By the time they become crispy and brown switch off the stove and transfer them to a pan.
Now heat the pan with 2 tea spoons of oil and fry the green chillies and ginger for few seconds.
Add the sauces too and toss for few seconds and add the shallow fried corns to it and stir for a minute and garnish with coriander leaves.