A simple meal that can be made ready in just 20 minutes. When I was commuting back home from my work place, my colleague told this recipe to me. I made this on that day itself for dinner. We loved it!!!. She told, whenever their family return home after vacation she makes this as a refreshing meal. Before the rice gets ready, these two items can be made and simple microwaved pappad serves as the best side dish...
Method for making Puli Charu:
- Extract 4 cups of thin juice from a gooseberry size tamarind.
- Heat 3 tea spoons of oil in a wok ad saute it with mustard seeds, urad dal, 4 or 5 red chillies and half tea spoon of hing / asafoetida powder.
- Add tamarind juice to it with required salt.
- Allow it to boil till it becomes half in quantity.
- The Puli charu is ready now. To balance the taste a tea spoon of sugar can be added.
- This is an intermediary recipe between rasam and kuzhambu. Pour it on hot steamed rice and have with the Kadalai Paruppu Thogayal
How to make Kadalaiparuppu Thogayal?
In a pan dry roast 5 tb spoons of Kadalaiparuppu (Chana dal) and 4 red chillies separately.
Add 2 tb spoons of coconut to it with salt and grind to thick chutney with some water.
It tastes heavenly to have this chutney as side dish to Puli charu. It can also mixed with hot rice and had with pappad adding a dash of ghee.
Came out well, never tasted like this,thanksReplyDelete
Will try... Super yum.....ReplyDelete
We call this puli saru as uppadam.. I'll try the kadalai paruppu thogayal...it looks yummyReplyDelete