Since I wanted to try a new dessert for a family function, I opted for making this yummy dessert after browsing so many blogs. With some small changes to my convenience I made this Authentic Punjabi Dessert. No doubt that it is an exquisite and inviting sweet to be enjoyed...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Flavoured Sweet Rice (Meethe Chawal):
- Basmathi Rice 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Milk 2 tb spoons
- Saffron 5 to 8 strings
- Almonds and pistachios blanched, peeled and chopped 2 tb spoons
- Raisins 2 tea spoons
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Cashews 5
- Ghee 3 tb spoons
How to make Flavoured Sweet Rice (Meethe Chawal)?
- Soak the saffrons in warm milk and keep aside.
- Wash the rice two times and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a broad pan with ghee. Add the nuts and raisins and fry till they change the colour.
- Add the drained rice and stir gently without breaking them for few seconds in medium flame.
- Add the 2 cups of water and the milk with saffron.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder. stir well.
- Close the pan with a lid and keep the flame to minimum(low)
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the stove. Let it to set aside for 10 more minutes.
- Open the lid and stir gently.
- The delicious, mouth watering and aromatic sweet rice is ready.