Sweet Potato curry is a tasty and delicious curry like normal potato curry. It matches very well with both rice and Rotis. The combination of the mild sweetness of the vegetable with the added spices gives wonderful taste...
Ingredients for making Sweet Potato Curry:
- Sweet Potatoes 500 gms
- (Pressure cook them, peel off the skin and cut them into pieces of desired size)
- Chopped onions from 2 onions
- Curry leaves
- Fennel seeds / Saunf / Sombu 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Urad dal and Chana dal 1 tea spoon each
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Crushed Garlic heads 2 (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tb spoons
How to make Sweet Potato Curry?
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Saute it with mustard seeds and fennel seeds. Once they splutter add the dals and curry leaves.
- Fry onions for a minute.
- Add salt and all the powders mentioned above and stir well.
- Once the onions become well roasted and coated with spices add the crushed garlic and mix well.
- Now add the boiled sweet potato pieces and mix gently with the spices and onions.
- Keep the flame low and fry the potatoes till they become well roasted.